Sunday, May 2, 2010

Littlewoods Pink Shoes - as a cake

Another bizarre one.  Got a phone call asking if I could turn a pair of shoes that are on a tv ad, that I hadn't seen, into a cake.  Said 'sure, no problem', but phone down and went frantically looking through tv guide to find programme that the ad would be on after.  These are the shoes:


And this is our take on them:  


The sides of the box are made from fondant as is the 'tissue paper'.  The cake inside is a rum laden chocolate biscuit cake. 

I got the following text the next day: "Niamh she loved it, thought she was going to have a heart attack when she saw it.  She did not want me to cut it!  Had to let her take some photos for about 30 minutes.  The cake tasted every bit as good as it looked, theres none left.  I only got a tiny bit.  Thanks for the most amazing cake ever x" - Maureen.

No comments:

Post a Comment