Wednesday, January 16, 2019

James - Electrician's 40th Birthday Cake

So, this cake! You're going to love the story about how it came to be. A couple of weeks back (remember the frantic days just before Christmas? The ones were we were all running around, chanting lists like prayers .... because we left the actual lists on the kitchen table? Well, I was dropping the youngest chap in to school and there was a red light on the dashboard and I asked the child to check it's meaning in the car's manual. He asked me to describe it... "red, looks like a tie fighter or Darth Vader's ship ....." "oh dear, it says you should go straight to the garage!" Of course, it meant I had to go to the garage, aka Paul aka James' brother. It was Christmas after all and I've not had a Christmas in years where one of the cars doesn't visit him. I turn up at his place and he is delighted to see me. I get a hug and everything. He'd cocked up and not ordered a cake for his brother's birthday, his brother's birthday that was happening the next day!!! We laughed at our mutual emergencies, through gritted teeth, and promised to sort out the other's problem. It took him all of a split second to work out what the problem with the car was. The handbrake was on!!! THE HANDBRAKE!!!!!!I It took me 8 hours to make this. He's worth it though. Everything is edible and handmade and the cake itself is an 8" chocolate biscuit.







No comments:

Post a Comment