Saturday, May 19, 2018

Together for Yes

My fabulous friend Nicola has campaigned tirelessly for the Together for Yes group and this week a gang of about a 100 of them are meeting up in Fingal. I was only too happy to donate a cake. I believe in women x 

Note:  I've received quite a bit of abuse for this cake. I have been called quite a few names over the past few days and yes, I could delete the cake and pretend I don't support this cause but ... I do. I believe women in Ireland should be allowed full autonomy over their own bodies. I trust them to do what is right for them. I, at this stage in life, will probably never need to avail of an abortion but my friends might, my neighbours, kids, cousins, people I don't know might and who am I to stand in their way? Regardless of what you believe in I think everyone should follow In Her Shoes. You'll find it on twitter and facebook. It is an account made up of 100's of women's stories. Why they made the choices they did. Women shouldn't have to justify their choices but this is where we find ourselves. Life isn't black and white. It's many shades of grey. Take care and remember it's all about choice and you choosing to ring me, mail me, pm and dm me abuse and, frankly, bizarre images, is you choosing to bully me and showing your true colours. https://www.facebook.com/RepealTheEighth/




No comments:

Post a Comment